Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine e-mail Centre CC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBelzona

Programmer
Oct 25, 2000
GB
Hello

we are using Goldmine 6 on SQL:

Occationally my users have problems with sending e-mails where they have included a CC address, the error message they get is '553 Invalid Rfc821Mailbox Specification' if they remove the CC address the e-mail is sent with no problems -

Does not happen with every mail - including those with cc addresses - and I can see no pattern to the problem - just wondering if anyone else has come across a similar problems?

it may be the email body itself has bad format or something.because the rfc822 is the field that hold the body of the email. maybe it is size? where they large or alot of html formatting? not sure myself
jill

Thanks for responding Jill

The mails do not seem out of the ordinary at all - just normal mails that get sent every day - infact one was a std template one that gets sent all the time to confirm appointments, do not not have much html content at all - just seems strange that when you take the CC out the mail goes fine, which seems to suggest it's something wrong with the CC but thats not the case either

its a strange one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back