Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine 9.2 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenaire

Technical User
Sep 19, 2013
GB
Hi,

I have just upgraded from GM 6.5 which I have used to GM 9.2 (yes a very big jump!!)... I appreciate that it will be complex to import my data, so at the moment I am just trying to get a fresh installation working... but I can get past getting GM to talk to SQL server.

Basic installation help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Martin

It could be a number of things like you haven't opened up Ports 1433 and 1434 thru your Firewall.

Also, you really want to upgrade through the ranks:

6.5.x -> 6.70.70226
6.70.70226 -> 9.0.0.110
9.0.0.110 -> 2013.1.0.236

This way all of your good data will up-scale.

In other words, contact your local GoldMine Partner for assistance.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Thanks for your reply. I started off with GM 5.7 back in around 1998 and used it for years, I only went to 6.5 because I bought it cheap on eBay - I have spoken to a few Goldmine consultants in the UK but they expect you to send a limousine over for them and before even talking the cost is more than my small business can manage, which is why I thought I would try the forum and get it working myself....

I purchased GM 9.2 but have never used SQL before, so it is trial and error. I have downloaded SQL Express and installed it and have then run install on GM, through trial and error I have got as far as knowing that I am entering the correct SQL server name and authentication.... so it could be the ports to look at next.... should I just open these ports in my firewall?? Im installing on Windows 7 pro machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

Yes you want to open those ports on your Workstation Firewall.

I know that I'm in the US, however, I do connect to all my clients Remotely using Join.Me. My fees are $100.00 per hour US, and I'd more than glad to assist you in your need. Being a newbie, and trying this on your own is going to cost you any hair that you have remaining. Please notice also that there is a new release of Goldmine which just came available, 2013.1.0.236. This release of Goldmine Premium contains integration to Constant Contact, and includes compatibility with Office 2013.

DJ Hunt

Thanks for your reply. I have had another issue come up so the Goldmine installation is on hold but if all comes good I may contact you to discuss setting up for me remotely. Please could you give me a price to import all my goldmine 6.5 date into 9.2?

Thanks,

Martin

@Millenaire - Please could you give me a price to import all my goldmine 6.5 date into 9.2?

@DJ Hunt - It is not an Import. You must upgrade through the ranks if you want most of you GoldMine 6.5 data. I say most as it depends on how diligent you were about GoldMine proper Maintenance.

Those steps, as I stated before are:

6.5.x -> 6.70.70226
6.70.70226 -> 9.0.0.110
9.0.0.110 -> 2013.1.0.236

A 5 hours block of time at $500.00US would get you 5 hours and 30 minutes of GoldMine Support which is usually more than sufficient for this Upgrade. If you'd like to try 3 Hours at $300.00US, we could try that and see how far we get.

DJ Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back