Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine 6.5 and NT4.0 wkst. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techchimp

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2003
US
I have not seen this subject yet and am interested if anyone has done the following successfully:

I want to upgrade my GM 5.5 to 6.5. It currently resides on a W2k server so there should be no porblem there.

All my users are running NT4.0 sp6.

NT4.0 was not listed as a supported OS on the Frontrange site for GM 6.5. Does this mean I can't bring the front end to the client wkst. running NT4.0 or is it referring to the Server platform the main program is installed on.

Has anyone used the GM 6.5 front-end successfully on an NT4.0 workstation?

Hi,

I have actually had it running on NT4 so dont know the exact issues, but FRS sure wont give you or your solutions partner support on that environment.

Regards,

Richard.

Thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I do have plans to upgrade the workstations in the future, but for now, it just needs to be operational albeit sans support from FRS.

Thanks again for the confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back