Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gold Light Effect & Shiny Metallic Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only1Abhi

Technical User
Jan 26, 2003
GB
Hi.
DO any1 know how to do gold lighting effects in Adobe Photoshop 6.0?

When I try to do 1 from Filter, Render, Lighting Effects, the background is ALWAYS black. I don't want black background. I want creamy-gold background. Does any1 know how to do this?

I also need a shiny metallic effect.

I found a picture on the web that has both these features.

Can any1 plz help me? Thanks a lot in advance!
I really need these 2 effects.
Many many thanks.

Regards,
Abhi

For the shiny metalic look take a look here for examples of what others have done.

Metal's seem to be simply a mix of color reflections with no exact rules to follow. You will need to play around to get what you want.

I'm not suggesting that you purchase software but maybe you can get some ideas for you to try.

thanks for the link mscallisto,
can we download a free trial evaluation period for this software?

DO u know any ways in adobe or other programs in which I make make Lighting Effects as in the linked picture of mine?

Many thanks,
Regards,
Abhi

Abhi

I am in no way affiliated with link or its contents, I simply directed you there to see examples of what "metals" look like and give you some ideas to build on.

Much Luck

sam

thanks for the help mscallisto.

Can any1 else help me?
How can I make Shiny Metallic effects in photoshop 6?

Many many thanks in advance.

Abhi,
Download this pdf. It'll help get you started. If you want more, try a Google search. There are dozens of tutorials available and even PS actions that will help you. If you make the effort to learn how to create this effect yourself from these tutorials, you'll feel a real sense of accomplishment.

Cyberboy
Computers are like snowflakes. No two are alike.

In order to do the lighting effects like you want, create the lighting effects with the black background in a black layer. Then, set the layer to screen. Voilá. The black disappears and the light affects the layers below.

The simplest way to do metallic color is to create a monochromatic noise on a gray layer, and then add a motion blur at a right angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back