Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gold course phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

themanstan

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
US
I need to run a m7100 or use ata to support phone on the 8th hole of a golf course, thr problem is it is 1500 feet away. Any ideas

ata is your best bet...but golf courses will be the death of ya...make sure the feed out to set has lotsa spares"and i mean lotsa"

7 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

PLEASE SAY YOUR NOT IN FLORIDA ON THIS GOLF COURSE, IF SO DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I agree with serenitynow - Your best bet is the EnGenius Cordless. It's compatible with the Norstar through an analog port, and the coverage is great!

There must be a drop there ,EnGenius yes or a door phone.

If you must go wired you should bury the feed three feet deep, cover with two feet of earth and then lay in a heavy bare copper cable and finish burying. Ask any electrician about this method of lightning protection. Even so, good luck.

NARSBARS

Forget the electrician, use the Panamax product, just works well and comes with a 5 million $ product warranty.

Can't beat that. Also, we up north use burried cable, can have this 18" deep.

Good luck, I also agree the EnGenius is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back