Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Going... :-# 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgmr777

Programmer
Aug 16, 2006
US
Everybody must stop saying "going forward"!!!

SamBones said:
"we need to upskill our development staff to maintain a stragetic advantage in our marketspace"

(Yeah, I'm quoting myself. [bigsmile])

The funny thing about this sentence is, every one of you knew EXACTLY what it was saying. That's a sure sign that you've been acclimated to Business-BS-eze.

This looks like another good use-case for the "Mom Test". I use that as the true test of whether something is "user friendly". If my Mom (80+ yrs) can understand it, it's user friendly. Given that, if I said that sentence to my Mom, she'd look up at me with a look of concern, gently holding my face in both hands, and say, "Oh honey, what have you been smoking?"

The real world translation of the sentence is, "We need to train our people so our competition doesn't kill us!"

The real world translation of the sentence is, "We need to train our people so our competition doesn't kill us!"

Yes. I just can't understand why people just can't talk normally anymore. But I strongly suspect it all started back in the 90s when what I call "non-actual work doing" people (PMs, etc) started infiltrating business/IT in droves.

pgrm777 said:
...But I strongly suspect it all started back in the 90s when what I call "non-actual work doing" people (PMs, etc) started infiltrating business/IT in droves.

Oh...you mean RCDD...Real Cool Data Dudes?

Professor, I read your signature and cannot help but seeing:
"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and [blue]press Redial[/blue]." :)

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

I love it!

Thanks for help i got my issue cleared by looking into comment section.

Dang! I'm on a conference call right now and another one stood out. Using "Ask" as a noun. As in, "What is the ask here?". The speaker seems to think it's a synonym for "question".

Oh my, it just got worse! Someone said, "The ask going forward is...".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back