Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Going from Dell R230 to Dell R640 (Primary Server) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeNC

Vendor
Aug 29, 2018
US
Hey,

Just want to make sure I got the process correct here for replacing hardware on a Server Edition. We are replacing a R230 to a R640 for a large customer.

- Save configuration from the old R230.
- Backup Voicemail Pro
- Load configuration onto new R640
- Restore Voicemail Pro on R640 with the backup from R230
- Rehost license to new server
- Unplug the R230 (this will cause a failover to the Secondary)
- Move Ethernet cables to the new R640
- Wait for everything to come back up (Can even reboot the Secondary to speed up the failover process)

Am I missing anything here?

Thanks

Get a snapshot of the settings off the 7071 port. Host name etc..
Duplicate on the new server.
I would also add, pull any custom wav files from the old server used by VMPro
Also export the call flow using VMPro client. These are good to have if you need them.
Other than that you have a good plan.

You might want to write down the SMTP info as well.

Hi

You can run a backup from Web Manager https:://<addrees>:7070 and here select the Primary Server (and IPO500V2) and exect backup through you PC with babyftp.exe server. You can use FTP(21) protocol and execute backuo.

Make sure that the network does not block this protocol and port, and same in your PC

The above allows you to save a complete backup of the entire system.(IP OFFICE, VMPRO FULL, MEDIA MANAGER, ONEXPORTAL SERVICES).

I hope it helps you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back