Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Going from 5 digit dialing to 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscar01

Programmer
Apr 26, 2007
US
I am running CM5.2 on 8730s and about 9 LSPs. We are currently on 5 digit dialing and need to go to 7 digit dialing. IS this something I can do or will my login as a customer not be allowed to? What all is involved? Thanks

While your login should let you do it, I would strongly suggest that you get either Avaya or a Business Partner involved. There are so many hooks in changing the dialplan that it makes it almost impossible. In addition to the PBX you will need to address DID digits, voice mail, CMS, CDR, etc.. The vendors have tools, like ProVision, that are designed for these types of tasks.

Kevin

I second that. We went from 4 to 6 and used an implementation vendor w/Provision. We have 14 locations (2 international) - it was scheduled over several weekends and went seemlessly.

I have done it with out any vendor help, and it is a pain. The only reason we where able to do it was because we built an whole new system from the ground up.

We used the business partner since they had to work with our carrier to ensure all our DID's were being accepted after conversion was completed.
It was worth it becasue I listened on the conference call between them with all that had to be covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back