Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

go to vector or route to vdn? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klees

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
US
One of those days where I have looked at this too long. I have a vector and I have it as "route to"(its a vdn)number 12345, which then goes thru vector 102. What is better or does it matter between the two below, since they do the same thing?

route to number 12345 with cov y if digits = 1 (vdn 12345 uses vec 102)

go to vector 102 @ step 1 if digits = 1

thanks! K

As a general rule, I use the "route to vdn" command more often. I have multiple VDN's that all use the same vector; by using the "route to vdn" command, I'm able to tell where the calls come from (main phone menu, invalid menu selection, transfer from other departments, etc.). If I want, I can also queue the calls to different skills, or play different announcements, by using vector variables, and I don't have to change the orginating vector, just the vdn settings.

Susan
Muffins are just ugly cupcakes.

route to number 12345 with cov y if digits = 1 (vdn 12345 uses vec 102)

go to vector 102 @ step 1 if digits = 1

Route to Number
- would allow you to measure then by CMS activity
- also to pass skills via VDN 1st, 2nd and 3rd skill.
- if you need coverage...
- route to a name variable...
- used in step after a collect digit with conditions.

Go to Vector
- allow you to cascade vectors and jump in at different steps using the go to vector @step and then to return to calling vector... like a function call with a return at the end. This allows you to reuse vectors for many same task... simple one would be messaging queue...
- less overhead as you dont have to add a VDN and it preserve the VDN info without having to mess around with VDN overide.
- measurement of incoming VDN as it traverse thru single/multiple vectors with CMS reporting gives a cleaner picture, rather than bouncing from one vdn/vector to another vdn/vector.

Anyway, this is just the tip of the iceburg.

Route to Number
- would allow you to measure then by CMS activity
- also to pass skills via VDN 1st, 2nd and 3rd skill.
- if you need coverage...
- route to a name variable...
- used in step after a collect digit with conditions.

Go to Vector
- allow you to cascade vectors and jump in at different steps using the go to vector @step and then to return to calling vector... like a function call with a return at the end. This allows you to reuse vectors for many same task... simple one would be messaging queue...
- less overhead as you dont have to add a VDN and it preserve the VDN info without having to mess around with VDN overide.
- measurement of incoming VDN as it traverse thru single/multiple vectors with CMS reporting gives a cleaner picture, rather than bouncing from one vdn/vector to another vdn/vector.

Anyway, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Excellent info, I knew there were solid reasons for going either way and this really is helpful, as always the people on tek-tips are the best! thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back