Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

go to the same record on the other form?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpearcey

Technical User
Mar 7, 2001
GB
i have a main form that hold the main details of each record. then i have three other forms that hold other details about those records. the problems lies when i go through the records onthe main form, then if i choose to go to another form, it does not come up with the same record, it goes back to the very first record. but when i go back to the main form, it is on the record i want to see the other details on?! I am sure i had this sussed before, but i cannot get it back to working order?! A quick fix anyone?
Thank you for your help already.

Matt Pearcey

Matt,

I'm not sure what event you want to place this code into (maybe Form_Current), but try to set the filter on the other forms based on the ID of your main form (assuming the two forms are based on the same ID). Something like:

Forms![OtherForm].Form.Filter = "ID = " & me.ID.value
Forms![OtherForm].Form.FilterOn=True

so - if i enter this short code for each of my forms, entering the appropriate form name, the forms should be sychronized? is there not a way it can be done through the properties of the forms?

Thank you for your help already.

Matt Pearcey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back