Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GN Netcom Headset trouble | 5420 | IP403 3.0(40)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEberle

Technical User
Jun 29, 2005
FR
Hi,

I have some trouble with Gn Netcom 9120 cordless headset running with 5420 phone ( IP403 3.0(40) )
Work fine on all internal communication, but the voice of the caller on external communication is very weak for the called user

- The setup of the GN Netcon headset is correct .. all mic volume set max ..
- Disable (test) enable (test) Automatic Gain Control (AGC) on the 5420 phone : same trouble..

Can anyone help me?
regards
YE

Recently I upgraded a client from the old Network Alchemy system to an IP 403 DS system

2 x 5420 digital handsets on reception.

Everything went very well except users complaing of low volume when talking to reception 5420's Both internal and external callers complained.

Avaya stated this was a known problem and would be fixed in next firmware release Version 3.0 (44)

Loaded 3.0 (44) as soon as available.

Volumes retured to previous levels . Now have very happy user.

Stange thing though . Have another customer with 24 x 5420 DS handsets and he is very happy with volumes. He is on 3.0 (40) Strange !!!!

3.0(44) Loaded this night .. better but not perfect.

Regards
YE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back