Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gmail, GMX, Yahoo email not working with 9.1.6 IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPM2S

Programmer
Sep 22, 2015
US
Hey Guys,
Pretty embarrassing here, but I cannot get Gmail, Yahoo or even GMX to work on an IPO version 9.1.6
I have had no problems doing this on earlier versions, but I am having a very difficult time now. No matter how I have it set, or check boxes marked, it will not go through. Has anyone had an issue with 9.1.6? I can ping all smtp servers with no problems.

Gmail- have you turned on access for less secure apps?
Check holdmusic34's FAQ in the IP Office FAQs.

'I want my hair back.' Says son at hairdresser.

I've had zero problems with it. Do you have DNS configured? Proper route setup?

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Yes, I just heard from the IT guys and they noticed some ports were being blocked on the server. This could be causing the issue. I have never had these problems before and I know how easy it is especially with embedded VM. Figured it may have been an issue using 9.1.6.

Did you run Debug? I had one where the debug was showing "decrypting SMTPPassword failed" Then I found a bulletin on Support that said that the password was not encrypted. If you go into the Registry it shows the password in plain text, not encrypted. The solution on the bulletin said to delete the account in the VMPro and recreate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back