Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Globally changing data for A/R Repetitive Invoice Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTmonkee

Technical User
Jan 28, 2009
US
Hi - I do some IT-type work part-time for a small company that uses MAS 90. My knowledge of MAS 90 is very limited. Currently we're having a problem with the A/R Repetitive Invoice Entry dialog box (see the attached screen shot). The person who set the software up for us set the "Stop Billing" date (outlined in red in the screen shot) as 12/31/2008, a date which has passed. We have been changing these on a per customer basis, but I was wondering if there is some way to change the data in this field on a global basis, such that it will update all of the records at one time.

I know this is probably something that is easy, but I'm not having any luck finding anything in the Help file. Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Hi Dawn,

We don't have Visual Integrator...

Dawn was a bit brief in her response. Visual Integrator is one of two ways to bring data into MAS. The other being the Business Object Interface. If you do not have VI then you are left with the BOI. To use it you must be on v4.20 at least. You would also need a reseller or master developer who would write the VB code for you. If neither of these are an option then you are stuck doing them one at a time.

Hi BigLouie,

I think we have version 4.0, I'll have to check later this morning. So with either VI or BOI it sounds like I'll need to get a reseller or master developer to change the "stop billing" date on a global basis for us...

Can I ask another question? We have been trying to update the "Standard Price" field in the Sales Code Maintenance dialog box (see attached .jpg). For one sales account (I'll designate it 1001) when we change the price, press the TAB key, then click the Apply button, nothing happens (If we click any of the buttons - Accept, Cancel, etc.), the box just stays open and the only way we can close it is by ending it with Windows Task Manager. If we select a different sales account (1002) and change the sales price then press the TAB key, we get an Error #47… I believe it referenced a line in file ARMxxx.SOA. Is this a problem I can resolve, or will it also require a master developer?

Thank you very much for your help!

http://byron-engineering.com/temp/scm.jpg
With VI you can do it yourself. It is just an import tool. Not that hard to use.

Hmmm, based on the screen shot I would say you are still on v3.71. Have you tried to enter the new price and then hit Accept?

You should be talking with your reseller.

Also you should join the Sage Community, see the link in Dawn's post. It is free and open to the public and you can get a lot of help, even from Sage tech staff. Dawn and I only drop in now and then.

Thanks for your reply BigLouie. The screen shot I posted was just an example from a manual (I wasn't in the office, so I had to use that instead of an actual shot). I will find out the exact version we have, and whether or not we have VI (I think we don't, but I'll double-check). I also joined the Sage Community.

Re your question about entering the new price and then hitting accept - the same thing happens (the box appears to freeze), the only difference is that the Apply button does not appear.

I really appreciate your help, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post!

Hi BigLouie,

I don't think we have VI - at least I didn't see a menu item, etc. that I could select to launch it. There is a "VI" folder under the program installation folder. It has some .soa files in it, but I didn't see any .exe files. I looked at our program CDs and there is one that is labeled "Business Objects Cyrstal Enterprise." Is that the Business Object Interface you were referring to in an earlier post?

Thanks!

No Business Objects Interface is a part of the program, not on a CD.

You can find out your exact version by running the Installed Applications Listing under Library Master, reports. Or you can go to Help, About if you are on a newer version.

Dawn

Visit Sage's Online Community

Hi Dawn,

When I select Help/About the version listed is 4.0.

How do I access Business Objects Interface within the program?

Thanks!

Business Objects Interface is activated by the entering of a Key in the system registration. You would need to get with your reseller to request the key. There is no charge but Sage has to generate it and send it through your reseller. Also you would need to upgrade to version v4.20 at least to use it with AR.

Dawn & BigLouie,

I have a call in to our reseller, so I'll go from there. Thanks for all of your advice/help, I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back