Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global volume with Embed Video 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atxkris

Technical User
Jun 3, 2007
US
Hi all!
I have a minute long SWF comprised of two edits from a WMV file each on their own layer as embedded video. This is all the FLA is. The stage is the same size as the clip. Very basic. My problem is when I recorded the WMV I had the recording level too low. All I would like to do is raise the global volume. I don’t want to or at least I can live without any kind of volume control operation. All I would like to do is raise the global volume. Is there an actioncontrol I can use like setVolume? Sorry but my experience is strictly animation in Flash 5, (I’m using Flash CS for the video project). So my scripting exper is small to nil. Is the default already maxed? Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks oldnewbie but I get 3 complier errors. I right clicked the first frame, selected actions and entered the commands on lines 1 and 2 of the Actions-Frame dialog that came up. I then run Control/Test Movie and the compiler errors are:
Scene 1, Line 1, Frame 1 1120:Access of undefined property my_volume. my_volume=new Sound(this);
Scene 1, Line 1, Frame 1 1067:Implicit coercion of a value of type tvmedium_fla:MainTimeline to an unrelated type flash.net:URLRequest. my_volume=new Sound(this);
Scene 1, Line 2, Frame 1 1120:Access of undefined property my_volume. myvolume.setVolume(300);

So this is all Greek to me. What do I try now? Thanks

It works now! I am in day 10 of the 30 day CS3 Pro trial. I created a short clip that I was going to email to you oldnewbie. When I saved the FLA I kicked it down to Flash 8 in case you're not running CS3. It warned me that AS3 would be discarded. I then re-opened it and it works as desired - no errors with higher sound level! I had tried using the selection for AS1 & AS2 in the AS dialog, but apparently it takes writing it as an F8 FLA file to really be in AS2 mode. That's what I surmise anyway. Eventually I'll get the time for expanding my Flash AS knowledge. Thanks oldnewbie you've been a big help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back