Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GLOBAL SITES NOT COMMUNICATING WITH EPO SERVER!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiffdutch

Technical User
Nov 4, 2003
GB
I have incorporated the agent install into users login scripts that are based all over the country. The agent installs fine but it doesnt communicate with the ePO server at all. When I put the script into users login scripts that are based in the same building as me it communicates fine and pulls all of the AV software and updates itself nicely.I am running a Windows 2000 Server and clients are a mix of Win 9x and XP. Does the ePO console need further configuring for the communication and deployment to global sites.

Please, Please help.

Hi CD
on the clients that won't communicate with the epo server, what error messages are coming up in the Agent Monitor? are ports 80 & 81 open between the problem clients & the server (ie, you're going over wan links with no firewalls / acls in the way, right?)

Thanks for your response RTC - The only problem is that the Agent icon is coming up down in the system tray. so I cant check the agent monitor. Might be a stupid question but can I view it any other way???? I can only assume this is because it hasnt made any comms with the epo server that it isnt in the system tray. As for firewalls etc no issues there as it is a straight connection to us using IP only.

Any other thoughts RTC

cardiff,
You can check the log of a specific computer/agent by entering the following in a web browser:

This should give you a report on the activity of a specific computer and will list any errors and communication with the Epo server.

Good luck,
mv

MVAS

I checked that and it had an error saying that it was unable to connect to the ePO server.

Where now MVAS???

I am in the process of checking the router that the extrenal sites are using. They can all browse the web ok so that eleminates any problems with port 80.

Thanks in advance

CD, they're not routing across the internet to get to your EPO server, are they? If they route internally across your WAN links & those WAN links have nothing blocking ports 80 or 81, then my next step would be removing/reinstalling the agent to see if that cures it. You could try a trace route from one of the clients to see which way things get routed...?

RTC - I think I will have a go at trace routing one of the clients on monday to see where it gets routed see if that helps a bit. I am still waiting for Router Engineer to call me back to clarify if there are any strange settings configured.

Thanks again, will let you know my progress on Monday.

Are the global sites in the same domain as the epolicy server? When you set up the updatee task you need to enter a userid and password that will allow the client access to the server in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back