Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global setting to move Temporary Internet Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyabraham

Technical User
Nov 4, 2002
AU
Hi

I wish to move the Temp Internet Files to C:\Temp so they don't load every time the user logs on (ie when profile loads). I know how to do it manually. However, I need a reg hack that will do this for all users (a global setting). I tried making the change, then copied the profile to the default user profile. After a sysprep, the user was pointing back to the %userprofile% area.

Does anyone know how to move this area (and make it stick globally). We use Windows XP SP1

Thanks
Anthony

You should use system policies. When you make the redirect in the hkey current users hive it will be loaded into every users (that you apply the policy to) profile as part of their ntuser.dat file.

I have succesfully re-directed the temp files, cookies, history etc for thousands of users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back