Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global path variable/dynamic search paths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcarls

Programmer
Feb 7, 2002
SE
Hi,
I have the problem that in my little application I have created Reports, and in the property palette a have provided the filename for example c:\reports\actors.rdf

I now want to create an install package of my application and I can not have a bind reference like "c:\" since I do not know where the user choose to put the files.

How do the .exe file look for files, is there someway I can solve this? This is new to me, so any hints would be of use.

Thanks

Maria

It uses REPORTSxx_PATH environment variable, where xx is your report version (25, 30, 60, empty for 9i). It may be set in registry under HKLM/Software/Oracle key Regards, Dima

Can I during install create an own registrykey for where the user choose to install the files? Are there any function to read from the registry in forms?

And thanks very much for you answer.

Regards Maria

You may call Windows API functions using d2kwutil.pll Regards, Dima

can i ask maria how did you make exe installable package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back