Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global NAL objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodwins

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
CA
We are implementing a school district WAN. All servers are NetWare 6.0 SP3 and we have a GroupWise 6.5 Server. All WAN links are 2Mb Half Duplex to 10 MB Full Duplex.

We want to be able to manage 160+ Global NAL objects from one partition/context. Novell tells us that we need to create 160 NAL objects for each site, far too much work. Currently we have six schools connected, but this will climb to over thirty in the next 6 months to a year.

We have an APPS partition with the NAL objects in it and each server has a R/W of that. The problem is we have these APPS associated with groups in other partitions, and even with search policies, we are experiencing Tree Walking and over 5min logins.

I'm hoping there are others with similar problems and goals, and a solution other that 160 x 30 NAL objects being created.

Thanks.

i would agree with novell - it's better to have the app in local partition or it will treewalk

it shouldnt take 5 mins though over a two mb link
have you tried putting some local and try it

you can copy the app and i'm sure there will be a script or something that can replicate the app objects

under the app properties there is a common tab and then a sources tab, i believe you can put in alternative paths to where the source files are stored, it will mean copying the source files around but at least not have to create the nal objects as well

What I am looking for is a tool that allows me to, yes have the NAL objects locally, but administer them globally.

Maybe have a master copy of the NAL objects and push them out to the all 30 servers locally.
We want to make sure if there are any changes to the NAL objects, every site receives these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back