Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global filters affecting reports after "duplicate report" is selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBSkippy

Programmer
Aug 7, 2000
US
Hello all! I'm still relatively new to BO, so any help is appreciated.

I have set up a global filter on a report, and when I use the "duplicate report" option on the tab, the global filter remains on the new report. So far, so good. However, whenever I change the conditions on either of the reports, the conditions change automatically on the other report. Is there any way to avoid this problem? Thanks in advance! [sig][/sig]

That doesn't happen when I do it. What you could do is
drag the condition into the table, rather than having it in Global. (Format/Filters...) [sig]<p> Nick<br><a href=mailto:ndaniels@ventura-uk.com>ndaniels@ventura-uk.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>If it's Data Warehousing or related then I want to know - but post it to the forum![/sig]

Regardless of the placement of the filter (global vs. table level), the results are the same. Any filter that is defined using a formula (as opposed to just selecting from the list of values presented), is carried over into the child report and any changes to either the child or parent copy of the filter is reflected on the other report. Subsequent filters that are defined on either report do not impact the other report. Sound strange enough yet??/

Thanks for your help!!

Hi, yup I know this problem well... seems the filter is propagated with the duplicate report, but really the filter acts like there is only one definition for all the dupes... you change it for one and it changes for all of 'em... only solution I know of is to break the chain. after you duplicate the report you have to delete and re-define the filters on the new report. sorry :)

That was the only solution that I found as well. Luckily, it isn't too arduous of a task to simply re-define filters. Hopefully, it is something that they will fix in the new version of BO. Thanks for your input!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back