Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global Custom Reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edrondol

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2003
US
I have created a custom report for my managers to use. I turned this into a global report, but they still can't see it. Is there a way to make it so that everyone can use this custom report?

-Dave the Perpetually Confused

By "turned this into a global report" I presume you mean you clicked on Tools | Organizer and, on the Reports tab, copied the report from your project to Global.mpt.

(You didn't actually say that so if you did something else, you'll have to be more specific in your description.)

This will work if and only if everyone is using the same Global.mpt. Depending on how your Project installations are performed this might (or might not) be the case.

Try putting the report back into the project file and tell everyone to open the file and use the report. If you want them to use that report for all projects then each of them should also use Tools | Organizer to copy the report from the project file to Global.mpt.

Yes, that's what I did-sorry for being too cryptic. I will check the installation to see how it was put in. But you gave me another out, too! Have a star on me.

One last note, I found the issue and it has nothing to do with the Global.mpt file. I had to copy the report to the Enterprise, not the global. Thanks for the help, though. You sent us in the right direction. I wouldn't have gotten it without your input. Thanks again!

Ah ... using Server. That adds another dimension, doesn't it.

What can I say, I'm new at this. It was a case of, "He likes to work on computers, let's put him into the position of administrator! No experience? Aw! He'll figure it out!" The old OJT special...

Seems to be a successful approach in your case.

(I expect to see your answers to others' questions here RSN <grin>)

By the way, COMPLETELY off the subject, but I used to love PDQ Bach and have even been to a concert. Odd music, but amazingly compelling. Just thought you might want to know that someone knows what your handle means...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back