Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

global address list not updated on some workstations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyh1

Programmer
Mar 31, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have a problem where some my users Outlook does not pick up new users in their Global Address List.

If I query the active directory using the address book tool, then the user is there. But if I create a new email, then click "To" and Show Names from the Global Address List, the user does not appear.

I have used update now on the recipient update service, and this has created the default entries from the recipient policy.

And on my own workstation the new users appear in my Global Address List, but on these other machine the user does not.

I've checked in the event log for errors on the workstations, and there is an error "The MOF file created for the Outlook service could not be loaded."

There is also an error that "Cannot start the reminder service. Unable to show reminders. " but the machine has been rebooted today, so this service has started ok today.

I would be grateful for any ideas on this one, as its starting to cause me some grief.

Cheers,

Tom H

I too have started to see this problem. I did find that the new user does show up in the All Users List. All of the clients are running Outlook 2003. I am not showing any of the errors that was described in the previous post. Any ideas would be helpful.

After some searching I discovered an entry in the tools->send & receive->download settings... menu

This allows you to specify how often the offline address book is sync'ed. and clicking send & receive all, usually causes the offline address book to be updated.

There is still a problem which I am having which is that some of my users have an offline address list, when you click on the properties of the Global Address List it shows the server as C:\document & settings\user\application data etc, and on others it lists the Domain controller as the server for the global address list. and there seems to be no option to change this.

Where do you specify whether to have an offline address book, and where it should be stored?

Cheers.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back