Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GL batches show as open but won't post

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterHeisenberg

Technical User
Mar 28, 2008
Hello,

We have GL batches showing as open but won't post with the message "There are no batches no post". The batches in question appear in GLPOST however. I am currently in the process of running data integrity but does anyone have any ideas?

We are on Accpac 5.6 PU2 on SQL Server 2008R2.

With Ready to Post marked Yes and Status of Ready to Post we get the error there are no batches no post. Data integrity did not find any errors.

I am wondering when you try to post a batch, what tables does accpac look at? GLBCTL looks fine and has the BATCHSTAT as 9.

The other thing that is odd, is GLPOST is listed as Posted Batches and the batches in question appear in that table but do not appear on a G/L transaction listing.

There's some missing info in this thread. Was there a system crash? If GLPOST has data, then something was partially done.

I took a look at how much work was done today and decided to restore last nights backup and reimport all the batches created today. I did make a backup of the corrupted database before the restoration so I will attempt your suggestion our test environment and report back.

FWIW, this stuff doesn't happen in Accpac without a client, database, or network crash in the middle of posting.

Also - G/L batches have a funny switch in GLBCTL - ACTIVESW. That has to be set to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back