Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Giving Global Access (view) rights 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevdude

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2003
US
Anyone please, how to give a group of people view rights to the calenders of people within their group, without having to go to each person's machine to grant them.

Are you talking about a public folder or their personal e-mail account?

This is for the private (personal) calender.

Hmmmm, as far as I am aware, there is no way to actually share personal calenders or the like.

I had this same problem at work and was pulling my hair out for a day trying to get this to work, then in the end I just set up a public folder for calender items, then just gave the people i wanted to access this the right to do so, it saved the rest of my hair I know that much. You can do this without going to everyones machine as the rights are all set up by the admin on the public folder itself.

but you can as far as I am aware share either public folders or private folders i.e mailbox:bob but personal folders no way......if anyone knows better then I am sorry :) and if someone does know how to do this then I too would be interested to know how :D

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back