Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

giving access to user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheiring

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2008
US
I have a supervisor that needs access to a users mail. It would be easy to setup a proxy but the supervisor doesn't want the user to know about this. Any suggestion on how to do this.

I am running groupwise on a windows 2000 box and I am using console one. I am new to the administration part of groupwise.

thanks for all the help

If you're using LDAP, NeilOrangePeel posted a link in this thread that may help: thread12-1440075.

Otherwise you'll have to perform an offline restore or buy some 3rd party software. Unlike other popular email packages, GW is secure.

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

As above, have a look at Basically how it works is you associate the account with a 2nd user and access with that, then you can associate back to the original one - so you never need to change the users password to access. Will only work if your using LDAP though

Our users sign a acknowledgeable that any and all email that goes through our email server is property of the organization and is subject to view by any IT person or supervisor at any time.

Same goes for any documentation that they create while employed with us, is the organizations property.

I think most organization see it as "our equipment, our property."

Oh those crazy users - the things they do on the internet/in "their" e-mail boxes. I've seen some crazy stuff in my time that people have done - naughty pictures, stalking ex-husbands via e-mail, break-up letters, etc.

My motto was always "the less you know the better", unless HR is telling you to find out, then it gets real interesting real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back