Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Giving A Busy Signal On An Internal Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny3937

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2011
US

I am not a vectoring master and got this request from a team lead. Is it possible to modify how a call is treated based on if the call was transferred internally? I apologize if it doesn't make sense. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

"We would like to go ahead an implement the busy signal that we were talking about last week when a member of "Blue" (skill 123 or 125) tries to transfer to our inbound sales queue (skills 121, 122, 341). Right now the call hits the inbound queue, but if no one is available, the "Blue" agent takes the call back and this counts as an abandoned call on the inbound skill. We would like to implement a busy signal if no agents are available on the inbound side."

Just a thought If I had this issue:

According to the user request and concern, you can take advantage of RONA Ring No Answer to redirect the call to a VDN/Vector that disconnects or you can record a custom announcement that tells people something. So say Customer Service Hunt Group transfer a call to Accounting Hunt Group, if it rings an agent and no one is available, then on page 2 of the Hunt Group phone build that special VDN/Vector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back