Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Give User A access to User B voice mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhayshk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2016
US
Hello and thanks for your help. I currently have one of our employee's out for bereavement. Management wants another employee to cover the voicemails she gets. I can just forward all calls to the user, but they would prefer that people calling employee A get employee A voicemail and then employee B checks the voicemail and returns calls if needed. My backup plan is to use voicemail to email and use employee B email address. I would prefer to be able to pipe the voicemails to employee B handset. I have tried to add a source number to employee B profile like I have done with huntgroups before to gain access, but User A voicemail is not listed in User B voicemail list. I am using VMPro and not embedded.

Sorcecodes of user B

add U<extn number of user A>

also set a vm code for user A or you will not be able to access them

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thanks IP Guru. Sorry if this is a dumb follow up question, but when adding this shortcode what feature should I add it as?

Code: U
Feature: Voicemail Collect?
Telephone Number: User A Ext.
Line Group ID: 0 (used in my environment)
Locale: Never set in my environment
Force Account Code: Unchecked
Force Auth Code: Unchecked

Then the same code for User A except switch in User B ext.

who mentioned shortcodes?

I said source codes (should have been source numbers)

& as suggested many times check the manage help-files - they are actually helpful!

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Sorry I totally misread "sourcecodes" portion of your answer. That makes a lot more sense to me now. Sorry for the confusion. I know I should RTFM, but I was pressed for time so I was trying to attack it from multiple angles. I do appreciate the help greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back