Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GIVE IVR affecting servicelevel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benighted

Technical User
May 2, 2006
SE
From time to time we include promo messages in the call script to inform customers about special incidents like late invoice etc.
We just had a message that was quite long, ca. 15 seconds. This had a major impact on the servicelevel numbers. It gives a correct image of the customer experience, but not the performance of the agents.
I have been thinking about making a seperate promo skillset, and then queue the customers back to the orginal one, to circumvent the issue. I do not want to make changes to the threshold times in Symposium.
Is there any better way to do this?

You can split your script in two: from masterscript the call goes to script A for announcements and maybe a menu? After the announcement route call to a CDN of script B, so the call will go through the masterscript again. In script B you can assign the skillset and priority etc. Your reports from script (application) B will now give you the exact time the customer has been waiting.

If you want to have one report for the application, you'll need to put the mandatory message in the Master script ust before the EXECUTE SCRIPT command.

Carolien's way will work, but you will have two applications to report on (script A and Script B) and the caller will get a burst of ring tone (when being transferred to the Script B CDN).

To have the announcement affect your service level it depends on how you calculate this service level. Do you calculate on ApplicationStat_CallsAnsweredAfterThreshold or SkillsetStat_CallsAnsweredAfterThreshold?

1. Report SL on Application Threshold
If you play the announcement before the "Queue to skillset" the SL will be affected, so your SL calculation should be altered accordingly;
2. Report SL on Skillset Threshold
Play the announcement just before you "Queue to skillset" and it will not affect the SL.

SSupernn: What you say is true, However, Service Level is not available on standard skillset reports, only application reports.

It is available on Skillset Real Time Displays.

Thanks for your replies. I am sure they will prove to be very helpful, and the teamleaders/managers will be happy when their servicelevel isn't an average of 18% anymore :)

True about not being available but you can create your own formula for SL calculation.
I guess that if you are reporting that you might also use the "blue" database to extract data from.

We use as a formula for SL the following:
Code:
((%Calls_Answered+%Skillset_Abandoned)-(%Calls_Answd_Aft_Threshold+%Skillset_Abdnd_Aft_Threshold))*100/(%Calls_Answered+%Skillset_Abandoned)

Supernn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back