Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Give a user administrative rights on citrix box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2002
GB
I need to give a user administrative rights so that they have the ability to restart the citrix remotely if required (he is providing weekend support)

Adding the person to "domain admin" works ok but as you can imagine, this will give too many rights so not an option we wish to pursue

Does anyone know of a way to do this.

We are running a Citrix meta frame Version3 on win2000 member server. There is a group policy applied to the citrrix server that prevents users from shutting the server down (only logout option is available)

[At present I tried configuring local policy on the server and added in the user to the shutdown server options and also added the user into the local admin group of the server, to no avail]

Thanks in advance for any help

The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back

why not create a "reboot-user-account", which simply reboot the server on login? so everybody who knows the password of that special user can reboot the machine without having any other rights.

you could also publish an application on that box, which reboots on execution and give only the appropriate users the right to start that app.

mberni

thanks for your suggestions, your 2nd option was once i also considered also via allowing a user to run a scheduled task

however your first option, suggests an account that immediately reboots a server automatically when used to login. How would I configure an account to do that?

assign the user a "reboot-login-script" which executes "shutdown -r" plus whatever switches you like.

i've gone for the publish apps option and pointed it to a reboot batch file i wrote and it works well

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back