Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Giftcard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohaakamai3

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2006
US
This should be an easy one, just not something I am familiar with.

Client has their own paper based gift cards that are not associated with Aloha. They do have a gift card button created that shows up on the front of house (for selling giftcards), but when you hit it, it's asking for a number, and will not accept any number you enter.

Possible solutions:

1) Ideally, they'd rather not use any numbers at all. They are tracking that separately on their own, so they'd just like it record to the proper revenue center, and not enter any numbers at all on the front of house. Is there a way to turn this off? I played around with it for about 10 minutes with some different configuration settings in the gift card in the back office, but couldn't get it to go.

2) If we have to use numbers, fine. But when I put a range of numbers in their just to try to get it to work, it still wouldn't accept any of them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sorry, for got to mention, this is Aloha TS v5.3.26

Under Tender Maintenance, look at the Identification tab. Is Require Identification checked? If so, try unchecking it and see if that solves your issue. If you have multiple Gift Card tenders, you will need to uncheck this box for each one.

Just a note, I am running TS v6 currently, but used to be on v5.3. I am not sure if Tender Maintenance is set up exactly the same between these two versions, but this option should be in there somewhere.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Thanks Matt, I'll try it.

I did not expect to find the solution under Tender's though, since it is actually when the card is being sold that we are seeing the problem, and tenders is for when it's being sold.
But I will give it a shot, thanks.

I know there is a way to not use any gift card numbers. I believe there is a setting somewhere in Store Maintenance that says "No gift certificate numbers." I am not exactly sure where it is, but I'll look for it on my terminal and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back