Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GIF files on PC represented with the solid background

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebisol

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
US
Hello People!
I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue:
whenever .gif files are inserted or referenced in the BD, they appear with a solid (white) background vs. with the transparency (win2000- FM 6 Pro)?!
Is there a setting I am missing?
Thank you ALL!

I work with Photoshop and when I select an image to be transparent it ask me for my background color. So what it is doing is color the image background to be the same as your actual background used thus the illusion of transparency. I can't say this request is imposible, but I've had the same issue many times and have discovered this to be true with every program I use.

Marty

HI Marty!
"I work with Photoshop and when I select an image to be transparent it ask me for my background color"
hm? ...I don't know about this...I have never heard of PS "asking" for a color of bacground of transparent image!?
u can set the preferences on which color u want to represent the transparent part....anyway
I also use PS and images are created just fine ( I select the area to be strasparent...) adn trully transparent over the web etc. but when viewed in FM the "transparent area" of the image is defaulted to white...maiking every transparent image see as if it is on a white background!
:(
thanx for the help

I's using PS 5.0. I select file, export image, as a gif, and it pops up asking for a background color. It's the way I learned to do it??

Hey what do I know, I'm not a web guru or graphic artist.

Marty

Hi Marty!
:)
thanx for responding....I don't remmeber if PS 5 had the option but 6 and 7 do: Help-->Export Transparent Image
well anyhow...FM side is what makes me wonder....it works on a MAC but on PC?!

If you guys get this done with PhotoSHop you are better men then I am. FMP uses PICT as it's internal image format. All images at some stage are converted to PICT images before being stored in the FMP file. PhotoShop is not a grat PICT editor. MacDraw and Clarisworks are the only applications I know of that will do what you are asking for. ClarisWorks is available Mac and PC and it's what I use to put off this duty. If anyone knows of another PICT editior for the PC, please e-mail me and let me know- free or commerical.

Thx,

Joe

I've been working with Fireworks and was surprised to find I created a button for a web project with only text on it. I left the background clear and my background shows through just fine.

Marty

Great link....

Tejanorey

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
- Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back