Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gif animating and MC buttons 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickblueink

Technical User
Apr 5, 2001
US
Two quickies I hope:
I took a pic of a green moped and made it red in photoshop, Imported both to flash and tried to make the green one fade to the red one. It doesn't work. i tried every pic format in existance, i tried breaking it apart and i tried trace bitmap. the only thiing that seems like it'll work is if i actually edit the image in flash.

second. I have a MC as a menu with buttons inside it that link to other other scenes. They dont work. I forget if there is something extra to do in the action scripting (specify _root?) to make buttons work from inside a movie clip?. Can anyone help?

yall rock,
M.austin

For the moped thing...try changing the alpha of the green bike...=) If it's JUST an animation.

for the buttons, if you want the MAIN clip to play, you do have to specify _root...
If the button is telling it to play, I think you can do a tell target...

Tell Target (_root)
Gotoandplay (frame number)

the syntax isn't correct, but it shoudl help.

thanks but
It's a photograph of a moped, and i changed the color of the paint with photoshop, not the color of the whole bike. Alpha just effects transparency and changing RGB makes the bike a solid silhouette (however thats spelled).i guess if you mean i should fade in the red one and out the green one at the same time on different layers i could do that, but it sounds like too much work for a simple color change (ie-im not getting paid enough).

the tell target bit didn't work either. Its so bizarre and its been a few months since ive opened flash. I seem to recall overcoming this before but i can't remember how.

IMHO, it's not very hard work to do a "cross dissolve" on two layers... As you described!

As for the buttons use frame labels rather than frame numbers...
So within your mc, to target a main movie frame, you would label it and use the following:

on (press) {
_root.gotoAndStop ("framelabel");
}
Should work on different scenes... As long as you don't duplicate lable names.

If you want to use frame numbers, and you're targeting frame 50 in scene 2, you would have to add the total frames of scene 1 for it to be accurate. So if your scene 1 has 100 frames... 100+50 = 150, giving this version of the above script:

on (press) {
_root.gotoAndStop (150);
}

;-) If you're stuck with lemons... Make lemonade!

as far as the green mopad deal you can do this:

create a mc..in the first frame put the red mopad..convert the mopad to a symbol(graphic)..motion tween that mopad to frame 50(or whatever you want)..in frame 50 set alpha to zero(add a stop action if you don't want the effect to loop)..

now create another mc place the mopad symbol in the first frame and set alpha to zero..tween that to frame 50 and set alpha back to 100%..now in that frame go to effect>advanced and adjust the red, blue, or green to get the new color you want..once again add the stop action unless you want the effect to loop..

when you have both mc's created drag them into the time line..one in layer 1 and the other in layer 2..layer one is the mc that fades from 0 to advanced color..layer two is the mc that fades from 100% to 0..reason being you want that mc sitting on top of the other..line them both up in the exact same place on the timeline..

test it and you should have the effect you looking for..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

sheesh.. i guess i should have read the post better..if i had known you didn't want to waste your time with the effect i would not have posted that reply..

sorry..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back