Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Giant Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sggaunt

Programmer
Jul 4, 2001
GB
I have The windows GAS installed, and its due to time out in July.
This morning a pop up appears saying that an update is available & do i want to download it.
I click the 'whats new' link, nothing happens so I click Yes.
and..
Windows Defender is being downloaded and installed it says. The cancel button is grayed out.
So be warned, you will upgrade to Defender like it or not.

Steve: Delphi a feersum engin indeed.

I thought I'd done the right thing when I rejected the update yesterday..

Last time I used Windows Defender I wound up with a lot of false positives so reverted back to a stashed install of Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta 1.

TazUk

[pc] Blue-screening PCs since 1998

Anyone else have bad experience with Defender? Like sggaunt, I clicked on the update and got defender. Wondering now if I should just remove it? I do periodically run Adaware/SpyBot/Ewido and a bunch of others at times....

Melissa

confusedlaby,

See the following thread about Defender:

thread760-1191319

Regards.

Erik

Thanks Erik. From what I read here, and the discussion on SWI and Coyote boards, I think it's going. lol

Melissa

i have had no issues with either besides missing some things that other scanners pickup.
try upgrading to windows stargate.

P.S.

THAT WAS A JOKE FROM THE OLD 80'S ARCADE GAMES.

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back