Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ghuzz You may have had a bad conne

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullhlms

Technical User
Sep 14, 2002
US
ghuzz
You may have had a bad connection which you made good while cleaning. While dust could impair the cooling and lead to overheating, it wouldn't happen while booting, but later after warm-up. Probably an hour or more.

Why are you starting a seperate post? Anyway, thx for your input. I don't really know why my system recovered but now I do believe it was the caked dust on my fan for the processor? Obviously Wolluf has given up on me although he/she was brilliant and was the only person who stuck with me when I had my problems! That's why I gave him a STAR!

Anyway, my e-mail to my OEM suggested that the problem which I think occured could have been the fan being unable to spin properly cos of a build up of dust, but it wasn't just dust it was caked on like cement! Reason, my father smokes 60 a day and constantly closes windows when I open them , so I think it's probably that!

So Bullhlms what are you suggesting it was if not the caked dust on the processor fan and the main leads fan?

Also, what do you mean by bad connection? sorry, for souding sharp with you but my team just lost in a major Euro cup-final and I am a bit peeved to say the least and drunk!!!!

anyway, thx man for your input, cos I'm a bit miffed myself as to why my computer suddenly recovered !

cheers Ghuzz

Ghuzz, I did not intentionally start a seperate post. I suspect that by accident or deliberately you checked that the cables from one component to another were securely seated, or bumped one hard enough for it to make connection.

Ihm, strange, so you don't think it was the dust? I never touched any leads accept from following Wolluf's suggestion of disabling the hard drive which I did which had Zilch affect!

By connecting the audio cable to the cd-rw would hardly constitute from my viewpoint as a major event to my problem!

As I have already reiterated the only conection which I moved, changed or re-configured was the hard-drive cable and later the audio cable for the cd-rw!

My problem was a lot more severe than a loose cable as you seem to suggest,: if you read my posts you would realise that my PC would not boot up, fool stop: which does not suggest a loose lead or connection!

Are you trying to wind me up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back