Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghosts! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance1234

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2001
US
Hi

ok im trying to improve the below image, i want to make my evil nun more ghostly (all ive done is transparecy) also i want to slightly rotate the image of the nun to match the eprspective more to give it a bit mroe depth,

any pointers would be great

evilnuncopy-vi.jpg

Try using layers to reveal your image. Use the Airbrush tool on a layer mask to give your image a more ethereal, less flat appearance. Then give it some perspective using the Distort or Perspective options in the Transform pallette.
Come back if you need a step-by-step,

Alfie.

I am assuming you have one background layer of the wreck.
1.Paste your ghost image onto a new layer with a transparent background.
2. Double click your background layer, up pops the layer info box in which you rename the layer (if it is called background you won't be able to drag another layer below it which is what you neen to do)
3. Now drag your ghost layer below the wreck layer in your layers info box.
4. Click back on to your wreck layer which is now the top layer and go to the top menu bar and choose Layer> Add Layer Mask, choose the 'Reveal All' option.
5. You will notice that next to your top layer icon in the layer info window you have a blank duplicate. You need to click on that (it emboldens when highlighted) to work on the layer.
6. Pick up the airbrush tool with black and a suitable brush size and when you add black to the layer it reveals the image on the layer below - your Ghost (pick up white to do the reverse). Using different opacity/pressure settings on the airbrush you can vary the amount of background image showing through, feather the edges or just make it mistier.
Use the selection tool to highlight your Ghost then go up to the topmenu bar and choose Edit> transform> Distort or perspective. You will get handles around your selection which let you pull the image around to the desired shape.

Alfie.

your site is infected with the nimda virus..just got prompted..might wana have a look into that..

OR DON'T POST CONTAMINATED LINKS!!!!!!!!!
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Virt2001 no Virus i would check your machine

bro my machine is fine..when i click on that link it prompts
this:

VBS>haptime.A@mm = virus name.. you are infected with what ever that is..sorry at first i thought it was nimda but is infact the one above..maybe your virus definitions are not up to date..
logo.gif

this is what i found about your worm...it's not at yoor main site location..it is infact attached your

page......

VBS.Haptime.B@mm
Discovered on: June 15, 2001
Last Updated on: July 19, 2001 at 04:39:23 PM PDT

Printer-friendly version Tell a Friend

VBS.Haptime.B@mm is a Visual Basic Script (VBS) worm. It infects .htm, .html, .vbs, .asp, and .htt files. It replicates using MAPI objects to spread itself as an attachment. The worm attaches itself to all outgoing messages using the stationery feature of Microsoft Outlook Express.

This is a variant of VBS.Haptime.A@mm. The difference between VBS.Haptime.A@mm and VBS.Haptime.B@mm is the name of the attachment file, which is changed from Untitled.htm to Instlog.htm.

The worm utilizes a known Microsoft Outlook Express security hole so that the worm is executed without having to run any attachment. Microsoft has patched this security hole that eliminates security vulnerabilities in "Scriptlet.TypLib" ActiveX controls. The patch is available at:

If you have a patched version of Outlook Express, this worm will not work automatically.

Also Known As: VBS.Haptime.A@mm, VBS/Haptime.A@mm

Type: Virus, Worm

Virus Definitions: June 15, 2001

Threat Assessment:

Wild:
Low Damage:
Low Distribution:
Medium

logo.gif

apologies traged the bugger down, cant understand how it got there as my machine is as clean as whistle and the code is not in my source files for the sight

strange thing this web of ours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back