Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghosts in the PABX!! TN754B problems ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

huberc

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2001
AU
One of my systems, a Definity G3si R6.0, seems to have a problem with a digital line card. The symptoms are:
1. Message light in constantly lit on some phones, even when there are no messages.
2. Phone resets to "PLEASE RESET SPKR" 5 times per day.
3. Phone dies for about 5 seconds without warning losing active call.
4. ALL LED's on phones flash randomly like a Xmas tree (How timely!!) occaisionaly.

Also, on some analogue extensions, I have the "Message Waiting" lamp being lit when there are no messages and OFF when the ARE messages . I have tried new ports, new phones, new cabling and nothing has fixed it.

Have you reset the card. Do you have a spare card or one you could test with? Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Yes. I have reset the card, the system and the phones several times. I will swap the card over as soon as I can find a replacment for it.

If someone leaves a LWC (Leave Word Calling) message, it will turn the message lamp on also. You can turn the lamp off by using the command:
clear AMW all xxxx
Replace the x's with the extension number.
You do have some problems with your digital ports also, but this will fix the message lamp problem.

The problem on your digital set could be in the cable run somewhere. If you can take the digital set and either try it on a different port or take it right to the switch room and connect it and see if the problem still occurs. If not then procede down your cable and check it at other cross connect points. A cable that is loos at any cross connect may behave in this fashion.

Roll cards (switch with known good card) See if problem follows the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back