Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghosting. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianglynn

MIS
Jul 3, 2002
FR
Does anyone know how to ghost a Citrix server?
I have tried doing it but when I download the image to a new server we can't log in because the server just loops back to ctrl+alt+del any ideas anyone as ghosting would save me alot of time.

We went through this very scenario with our 6.5 and 7.5 versions of Ghost. Don't bother. Symantec says that they will not support Ghost with a Citrix Server.
I know I tried, and even had my MSCE call symantec directly and was given the above statement! :(

Symantec will not support Ghost with Citrix. You will find this information on their web site.

I've found DriveImage 2002 to work very well with our Citrix boxes. Easy, acceptable speed, and a network boot disk builder that easy to create disks and use.

depending on how your partitions are set, you can use ghost, just use the -fdsp switch when you bring the image down to the server.

PamMcc, thank you for the hint about the -fdsp switch. It saved me 2 workdays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back