Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghosted images & text 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonProchot

Technical User
Dec 19, 2001
CA
I am running Photoshop 4.0.1 on a B&W Mac G3/400 with OS 9.2.2 and HP 1220C printer with the HP driver v 4.1.3. I am getting shadows on text and graphics where I don't want them. Effectively it appears the image is offset a fraction of a mm or so in the horizontal direction giving a blurry image. It doesn't appear to apply to all text however - only certain layers & not all graphics.

The problem is evident only in the print-out, not in the TIF file when viewed on screen. Do you have any idea on what may be causing this?

Thanks.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks Tom for your reply.

It would appear that perhaps your suspicions re the printer being the culprit are correct. I just printed a modified version of teh file, part of the original TIF (300 dpi). When this file went through the printer the direction of the OFFSET of text etc. changed 90• because the orientation of the print work was also changed. It would appear that perhaps the printer is not printing exactly in line. (or printing offset images)

Ron

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks Tom. I did a printer alignment and the problem disappeared. The graphic is now crisp and clear.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back