Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmirshamsi

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2001
US
Hi all,
I have ghosted an ide drive with two partitions to a raid 5 container however after the post I get a blinking cursor and wndows 2000 does not boot up. I have done similar ghosting before with no problem. Please let me know if anyone has a solution or have run into this before.

Thanks all

Have you tell it too boot to SCSI drive in your bios ?

Hey,
You have brought up an excellent point and since I can not reboot the server at the time the answer has to wait however if I remember correctly I think the answer is yes so based on that do you have any suggestion.

Thanks

And how about the ARC-paths in BOOT.INI????

The following are generic examples of two possible BOOT.INI ARC paths:

multi(X)disk(Y)rdisk(Z)partition(W)\<winnt_dir>

-or-

scsi(X)disk(Y)rdisk(Z)partition(W)\<winnt_dir>

where X, Y, Z, and W are numbers that identify the item to their left.

Both ARC-path examples above allow Windows NT find the %SystemRoot% directory to complete the boot process by loading files in that reside in that directory. For additional information, see the Differences Between The MULTI(X) And SCSI(X) Syntax And Application section below.

Read Further on:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back