Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterpjz9

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
US
I am using ghost pe 2002. Can I use 1 recovery CD for 5 different computers? They have different hardware. How can I reset the SID?

you can reset the SID manually as well by not joining the domain after you login. You can login locally as administrator, and remove the network adapter - then reinstall it normally.

It will obtain the correct unique SID at that point, and you can use the network wizard to then join each computer to the Domain. Just be SURE you dont have that NIC cable attached when you bring those computers up locally.

Ghostwalker is easy to use, but i find this method quicker and easier on the nerves ;) It's a guaranteed unique join that requires nothing more than the default tools Windows provides.

Maybe try both, and just choose whatever solution works best for ya? Good luck eiher way.
Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back