Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost W2K Server from SCSI to EDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFuhge

MIS
Jan 6, 2003
DE
Hi,

I need to ghost a Server on a raid 5 System and need to restore to an EDI system in worst case. Anyone have experience in this? Tried with another server but it won't work. I even can't start sysprep because of bluescreen.
Is here a cmd version of sysprep or someobody got a better idea?

I very much doubt you'll be able to. Sysprep doesn't run on domain controllers by the way.

Oooo, this one will be very tough. In Ghosting (or any kind of restore for that matter) Win2K, the re-install process expects the new machine to have the same HAL (hardware) layer as the source machine. Since you're going from a SCSI RAID controller to IDE, I don't see how this will work. The *best* you could do, IMO, is use the Backup applet in Win2K to backup up your entire RAID array / Logical Disks to your IDE drive(s). Then should you need to restore, you can reinstall Win2K on the old / repaired server and run the Restore from the Backup you made earlier.

HTH,
Telxon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back