Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost Entries in ePolicy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic2001

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2002
I am running ePolicy 2.5.1.213 and I have several "ghost" entries that appear in reports but I am unable to find them in a place that would allow me to delete them.

These are computers of visitors that came to my office, logged in and somehow registered with ePolicy. They logged into domains that do not exist within my subnet. They now appear in all reports, unfortunately showing that their antivirus is not updating.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of these entries ?

The only way they will pop up in the ePO reports is IF they have an ePO agent installed with the server pointing to your ePO server. Now, assuming this is the case, those machines will most likely be found under the Lost&Found directory, where you can delete them. Once deleted, this should adjust the reports to NOT show them anymore.

HTH, AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

You were absolutely right, I just didn't search deeply enough. ePolicy covers 5 different domains at my office. The "ghost" domains & workstations were listed under the Lost & Found on one of the domains being managed.

Many thanks for your guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back