Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost 8 Error: Installation: Msiexec failed with error: 1603

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedean47

Technical User
Sep 30, 2004
GB
Hello

I have the following error when i try to use remote client install on a classroom of PC's:

Failed to install:
\\CS11901 (73): Installation: Msiexec failed with error: 1603

I have searched symantec but there is nothing, has anyone ever had the same problem?

The PC's are all Windows XP, they don't have a firewall or Service Pack 2. I am using Ghost 8, i have used it on two other classrooms and they installed fine.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

I have had this error regularly when the domain admin is at the same time logged on to the client machine. If nobody is logged on, the ghost client installes fine.
Dirk.

Hi

I have done this install outside of school time with no one logged on. All 30 PC's were logged off.

It has worked on two other classrooms i really can't understand why this one is not working.

Thanks for the help, have you any other ideas?

Cheers

John

I have the same problem. I have also tryed everytihing but without success. Please help.

I have not been able to sort it and have had to give up. Did you try symantec for technical help?

I had the same problem. I got around it by removing the existing symantec/nortons software (I think it was systemworks) and then pushing out the agent again.

It's a Msiexec result. This error resides on Win2K aswell.
Don't remember, but I think I've got this error when running multiple instances of Msiexec.

Try to close all running MsiExec before starting with installation if there are any.

How do you start the installation....any code example ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back