Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost 7.5 boot disk help for Compaq Evo N620c

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpszd

MIS
Jun 10, 2003
US
I'm trying to ghost 10 Compaq notebooks with the Broadcom Netxtreme Gigabit Adapter NIC. I have downloaded the recommended drivers and have created a boot disk that will load the ghost.exe, but when I attempt to load the image to the Ghost muliticast program, it does not recognize the network connection. An error message tells us we need to add the line 'receive_mode=6' to the WATTCP.cfg file. I have attempted to add that line, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Receive_mode=6 stands for the highest data-integrety check and is a standard response of ghost 7.5 when the connection fails. This option is usefull when your connection is over 100 meters from the nearest switch and\or of dodgey quality.
Most common cause of your problem is that you might have the wrong dos nic-drivers but of course you have allready checked that.
The nic of that compaq is capable of 1000mbits/sec, full duplex and your switch probably 100mbits/sec, full duplex. Set the nic to automatic. If configured at more than what the switch is capable of, then the port on the switch will jam. Adjustments on the bootdisk can be made in the protocol.ini

hi folks

have the same problem with a nc4000, the latest NDIS drivers for the NIC from Bart's NBD page load ok but cannot find the NIC. A colleague has suggested that this is because the NIC interfaces directly with the Northbridge rather than sitting on the PCI bus. If this is the case it makes sense the driver cannot find the NIC: but how to get around it?

Any ideas welcomed

Bob Clarke
IT, Mott MacDonald UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back