Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost 7.5 and Windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwasher

MIS
May 21, 2004
US
Every time i try to connect a Ghost 7.5 client to a Windows 2003 server share we get the "Error 5: Access is denide". I have checked the share permissions and they are correct. I checked the security permissions and they are correct. I even wne into CMD on the W2K3 server and set the ATTIB for the folder to -r-a-s-h to make sure it is not read only.

Any ideas?

As far as i know, a ghost-client is only used from the DOS-environment. Your 2003-share is possible on a NTFS-partition, which is not accessible from DOS ( otherwise it would be a security-hole !) If you place you ghost-image on a FAT(32) partition, you will be able to acces the ghost-image.

The Ghost client is connecting over the network, so the type of file system that the Ghost server is using is irrelevant.

This is probabaly caused by the tighter security settings on 2003, like SMB signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back