Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GFI tools with Symantec Mail Securty Conflicts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkLappin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2004
US
We currently run Symantec Mail Security for exchange on our 2003 server. That works fine.

We are admist an internal policy change to allow all our users to send e-mail from their desk, our current internal policy (on the honor system) is that only one user is authorized to send outbound e-mail (lots of history there, please don't ask, long long story).

The guys in charge would like me to add the confidentiality notice to the end of all outgoing e-mail --- I've read the past topics on this subject. I'm planning on using the mail tools from GFI.com to do this in the freeware mode.

Does anybody know of a conflict between GFI and Symantec Mail Security though? Is anybody using both of them?

Comments Welcome & Appreciated
Mark

Hello,

I'm currently running both. I disabled all the Spam settings on the GFI software (I use the Symantec to filter mail) and everything is just peachy! The disclaimer seems to work fine and nothing unusual has happened. Hope this helps

You said that you also use Symantec to stop SPAM. I've seen the setings in there for a listing server or something, is there a free spam listing service if so please tell.

MAL

Not quite sure, but I think you're asking about blacklisting? There is a spot to enter a blacklist address within Symantec Mail Security. I haven't used this feature yet, but am looking into it. For now I simply use word-matching filters to slow the spam.

Hi there,

My Exch2003 FE & BE servers both installed with Symantec Mail Security for Exchange, & just turned on IMF yesterday.

Now boss want to have disclaimer on each outgoing message. By searching the web, found GFI mail essential can have this feature, & remain legal to use after evaluaiton period.

1. Should I install GFI on both FE & BE servers? Or just FE server only?

2. How will it interact/conflict with SMSE & IMF?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back