Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

geturl question

Status
Not open for further replies.

garethashton

Programmer
May 13, 2001
US
Does anyone know all the properties that will work with the geturl function in Flash 5?

For example, the script:

geturl ("index.htm", "new");

will open the index.htm page in a new window, the "new" property is not one of the options from the drop down for properties, but it still works. Flash provides _self, _blank, _parent, and _top but why not new?
I'm wondering if there are other properties that will work too such as those that set the hieght, width, scroll etc.

Does anyone know of such properties and how to use them in the script??

-Gareth

i'm not sure if there are any others, although i don't think so. but the one you defigned as &quot;new&quot; is just the target name, you could have called it efgafafdga for all the browser cares, it will just open up a new window with that name, so if you ask it to open up another one with the same name it will use the existing window. _self, _blank, _parent, and _top are built into the DOM to do sertain things, thats why flash puts them in the menu. its that same as <a href=&quot; target=&quot;_self&quot;>. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him won't die but have everlasting life - Jesus - John 3:16 -

no prob For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him won't die but have everlasting life - Jesus - John 3:16 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back