Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting white background out of square graphic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbfish

Technical User
Dec 13, 2004
US
When placing a graphic from illustrator into a PageMaker document with a colored (CMYK) background the image comes in as a box with its own white background. How do I get rid of the white background so the color comes through? Thanks

What kind of graphic are you placing? If the graphic has any raster effects applied, make sure the raster effect settings have the option "transparent" checked for the B/G. If the graphic is rasterized, you'll need to make sure it's saved with transparency options, and in a format that supports transparency (gif, psd, png, to name a few).

HTH

Bert Philippus

Thanks for your suggesion. I checked the graphic and the "transparent" option is checked and saved correctly. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Wait a minute, I think I remember something from way back about placing graphics into Pagemaker, and transparency problems. The solution, IIRC, is to rotate the entire placed object by a very small amount, then rotating it back and that fixes the problem. I'm not quite sure but give it a try, it might just work.

I don't have Pagemaker, so I can't check it for you...

HTH

Bert Philippus

It loses the white background when you rotate it but when you put it back the white comes back -- it's an ai graphic.

That's very funny. I rotated it .1 and it works. Gotta love it! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back