Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting thru a router to Sonicwall to an AS400

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanzg

Programmer
Apr 6, 2006
US
I am trying to sign in to an AS400 that has a network protected by sonicwall. I have loaded the Sonicwall software on my PC. When I hook my PC directly into the broadband modem I can get in with out any problems. But once I put a router onto the modem I can not get thru. I get the message CWB01048 process timed out. I tells me that the address was found. It says that the but we did not get an answer. With the suggestion that if ther is arouter it may not be configured.

The router is a Netgear WGT624. I have used PortTriggering to open port 500, and PortForwarding to open ports 80,81 and 500 upto a large number. I do not know what I am doing wrong but nothing helps.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I'm sorry I havn't gotten back on this. I did find the solution. The Sonicwall security was taking over the address of the router. The solution was to go into the router and change its address, Then restart the PC. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back