Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting the Call Detail Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQLUser

MIS
Nov 8, 2005
US
I'm running a BCM 300 and with software 3.6. I'm running into a bit of a snag. I can't seem to get the call detail report. The service is running, I have it set to do a daily dump to a local ftp server, I've tested the login information and even pinged the ftp server from the BCM, but can't seem to get the darn reports. (yup, not even if I try immediatly.)

This leads me to ask the quest of, does the call detail report/log even exist? I poked around on the BCM and can't seem to find the log file. Does anyone know the physical path to it? Also, what might I be doing wrong to get the report shipped over?

I wold like to know the same thing.
How do I pull the reports down to ftp server?

Mike

if your looking for the log files they are in the maintenance area. log in to Maintenance and at the bottom on the left is "Browse Logs Folder" when that opens click Callpilot then Call Center. is that the log your looking for?

CQLUser, MonkAZ5,

I have been at this for over a month now with no success. I'm told that the BCM does not need to FTP the call reports, that I should be able to schedule a Pull Transfer or I can set the CDR settings to Push, but alas... nothing seem to work.

At one point I did manage to see some something that suggested records were being transfered to a Temporary folder, but I still was not able to view the records.

If you guys make any progress with the CDR reports, please, please geive me a holler... I will GREATLY appreaciate it!

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Nunez
Telecom Tech/Contractor

I've tried this as well with no luck, yet other topics here indicate the information can be found.

I have been in touch with my Nortel vendor, that installed the unit originally. They have logged into my system and have found that there is a problem with the application that generates/maintanes the CDR. They have been working on it for about a month or so now. They said that noone else has reported the problem yet. So, you should contact your vendor/reseller, tell them that you believe you have a bug and help get Nortel cracking on fixing this bug.

You should not try to manipulate the CDR folder manually since it maintains an index of the files. If you delete or move one of the files in the folder manually, you may break the index. This could cause a series of problems if you then attempt to poll the data using Push or Pull. You would probally have to delete the folder and restart the system.

You would be better off to use the Nortel CDR client to poll the data or use RSI's polling software (
S16

There is a pathc that addresses an FTP root folder issue. It's contained in the Cumulative Patch #3 as well.

I would patch the machine and then try again.

Has anyone found a way to view the logs on a V3.6 BCM? When I click on the "Browse Logs Folder" I get a broken URL. When my support company spoke to Nortel about it the answer that they gave me was that Nortel has decided that those logs are for Nortel techs only and of no use to the admins. While they are partially right I'm not keen on having this decision made for me. Under V3.5 all of our fax logs were assigned the same outbound phone number of (555) 555-5555. While this wasn't terribly useful, the time stamp at least helped some. Now I don't have even this. Suggestions?

I found the RAW CDR data the other day, but now I can't find it again.

When I did find them the other day they were all in files by date, so each day had it's own file.

Has anyone got the CDR working?

I've got it currently pushing files to a FTP - however the files in either zip or non-compressed are not readable. I was expecting a .txt file or something similar.

I've not been able to get it working with the CDR client either.

Jason Foulds
Futuristech Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back