Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GETTING THE AA TO TRANSFER YOU INTO THE RAD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2MERLIN

Vendor
Oct 31, 2002
US
I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SET UP A RAD TO AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFER THROUGH AN AUTO ATTENDANT GREETING INSTEAD OF DAILING AN EXTENSION AND BEEING OPERATOR ASSISTED I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP

Yeah I would too. Never had any success with this one.

PhM

I don't know if this would work, but couldn't you act like you're making an operator assisted call, dial the RAD extension through the auto attendant, and when you hear carrier tone click on the button to connect? Brian Cox
J & J Communications
brian@jandjcommunications.com

You cannot get into the RAD through the AA. The system will only recognize the ringing line that is programmed to the RAD.

Also, you cannot get into the RAD by dialing the extension number internally. These are all security safeguards.
Dave McCall
Norstarpro

Thanks for the info. The alternative would seem to be to program the RAD to answer a back line after numerous rings that the auto attendant wouldn't have to answer. During the day you'd have to warn the operator not to answer the back line and let the RAD answer the call. Or maybe there is an unused DID number that could be routed to the RAD DN? Brian Cox
J & J Communications
brian@jandjcommunications.com

Yes, you can have a DID directed to the RAD. You simply program the target line associated with the DID number into the RAD. Works every time.

If DID is not available, you can always dedicate a line, not in the inbound hunt group, to be answered by the RAD. Dave McCall
Norstarpro

I know that you can have the rad answer a line but I still think that there is a way to transfer to the rad through the aa Why would there be the option "auto attendant" for connection type in norstar remote utilities? There has to be a way! Does anyone have any literature on the Norstar remote utilities 9.0?

An auto-attendant connection is used only when a Compact ICS is located at a remote site. The auto attendant, if available, is an alternative to having the IRAD answer a line (remote connection) or to programming an ICS for remote access.

To make an Auto attendant connection, use the telephone connected to your PC's modem to call the auto attendant. After the auto attendant answers, enter the Auto DN (directory number), or DISA DN and the Class of Service password. Then enter ***RAD (***723) to transfer the call to the IRAD MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Apparently you cannot use the Auto attendant feature with the MICS as it doesn't have the Internal RAD. I haven't tried to set up an Auto DN to test it though. I am assuming (yeah I know) that the ***RAD code is strictly for the IRADs as is Feature 817. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

There is a way according to the documentation to get to the RAD via AA.However I have never done it. I believe you have to setup some sort of remote access, I'll have to research before I open my mouth. But I'm sure there is a way.

My post above came straight out of the NRU manual but if you can find out how to do that, please let me know! It would be quite helpful. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

I appreciate all the help but I should have been more specific when I said AA I meant the Flash AA I believe that MRoberts meant the aa in the cics then the other problem would be that you have to set up an auto dn or a disa dn and this just doesn't seem feasable beacuse my goal was to unobtrusivly dail into a customer that all lines were Flash AA and the customer did not want to dedicate a line for the RAD. I do not want to set up a disa dn because everyone who called in on that line would here stutter dail tone and I am not to familiar with an auto dn but from what I have read this isn't what I'm looking for either.
?????????

Yeah, I did mean the AA in the CICS because according to the NRU manual that is the only way to get into a RAD from ANY AA.

I agree that there should be some way of getting into it via an AA whether it be Flash or NAM but I don't see how to do it. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

Here's a cheater for ya,
Get a line share device and hook it up to the fax, fax port goes to fax machine and have the modem port go to a C.O. port if there is a free one and set the auto answer.
I will double check but I am pretty sure it is impossible to use AA with a RAD also. ~Will Nortel soon be NoTel??~

The way I have used requires a spare trunk and an ATA either the Internal ATA or an external ATA. Pass the analog side of the ATA back into the spare trunk then program the RAD to answer calls on the spare trunk.
Call the AA, enter the ATA DN, Get transfered to the ATA; ATA causes trunk to receive ring Rad answeres trunk and you are in. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

K2MERLIN - if you haven't found any of the numerous download links for PDF manuals on NRU-9.0, e-mail me and I'll send you a link or two. They're not too huge, only about 4-5 megs total for all of them. Get Acrobat if you don't have it, and you're all set. Howard Dingman
Pro-Tel Communications
Endicott, NY 13760
mailto:hdingman@holocom.com

I just wanted to point out that you don't NEED to go to these lenghts to get into the fastrad. I did find the ATA way to be pritty good tho! :) If you call the office, using a analog phone hooked to the same line as the modem of the PC, the person answering simply dials the same feature code used to program the fastrad. Once this happens it sends the standard modem handshake. You just follow the instructions on the screen for the NRU.

It isn't quite as magical, but it does work. The line share idea is pritty good for a fax line, but I have had problems with the devices in the past.

TTYL!
Eric Rogers
K.C. Mo

We know how to do it that way, but what we were trying to figure out was how to get to the FastRad by way of an Auto Attendant.

It is an option in the connection type when you use NRU to dial in..... the manual says that you can only do it using the built in AA in a CICS. We've been trying to figure out how to do it with an MICS and a FLASH or NAM Auto Attendant. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back